Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Inspiration of a Million

The Inspiration of a Million...

    This post starts with a thank you to the wonderful website from Australia, www.10000steps.com.  Anyone can sign on to their site and log in the number of steps walked each day.  The site tallies steps for you, day after day.  I signed up, walked a lot, kept adding to my total...and, after about three months, my total reached a million steps and the website provided a lovely certificate which I printed out to commemorate my achievement.  I was amazed that I had walked a million steps; I never expected the number ONE MILLION to apply to me in any way.  And that made me start to think about other millions that might apply that I just never thought about.  A million breaths?  A million cells in my body?  (Answers.com says the average person breathes over 17,000 times a day...so I figure we easily number one million breaths each 60 days or so.  And the human body has cells numbering in the trillions!)
      Now I was excited about the thought and I began looking around, realizing that a million was a tiny number to Mother Nature.  There were obviously more than a million beautiful green leaves on the trees on our 2.5 acres; more than a million drops of water rushing by in our creek.   We live in a world where "a million" is an amount readily found if we happen to look for it.   This is, for me, an inspirational train of thought that continues to add to the feeling of abundance in my life.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment