Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sparks of Inspiration



      A new hobby has ignited my gray matter this winter.  An upbeat website called www.dailyfeats.com offers a list of tasks that we can accomplish to earn points.   The tasks range from personal habits such as flossing to potentially world-altering ones with community involvement projects.
     It did not take long for me to fall in love with the website; opening the list of feats feels just as wonderful as opening a box of chocolates.  What will this one be?  Which ones will become my favorites? 
      Some of them become habit-forming.  "Discoveranimals", for instance, caused me to bookmark www.worldwildlife.org.  Every day after school, my grandson and I check to see the featured species of the day...then I go to dailyfeats to log it in.  (One day the worldwildlife site had a short quiz, "Find your inner animal"...it was a hit with the whole family...I am a dolphin and my husband is a hippo, in case you were wondering.)
     Dailyfeats is good for my health.  I'll hop out of my chair to do stretches, push-ups and go for walks, just so I can honestly log them in.  I learned about the Muller System of exercise/massage on Dailyfeats and am slowly working with it.  I have searched out musical artists who I was not familiar with just so I could click on the "find new music" feat...and then dance to their sounds because "dance" is another feat.
    Feats include such open-ended tasks as "creative project" and "experiment".  MMMM, what those can lead me to do!  I admit that I can get obsessive about Dailyfeats because they jumpstart activities I might never have gotten around to doing or..gasp, never even dreamed of doing.  Thank you, Dailyfeats for the joy you've added to my life.
    

1 comment:

  1. I agree that DailyFeats is a "feel good" site that can inspire a person to try something new or rediscover a long forgotten path.

    ReplyDelete