Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Opportunities Abound

     One very exciting website is www.kickstarter.com.  Pop over there and look at the wide variety of projects people have dreamed up.  Kickstarter provides a platform for creative types to explain what their visions look like---and also provides the structure within which viewers (like you and me) can give a little support if we find one that particularly calls out to us.  Pledges can be made in any denomination, (as little as a dollar) and no funds are collected unless total pledges amount to the dollar amount requested by the artist/performer/project doer.  It might even give you hope (and inspiration) for a dream that's been forming in your own creative brain.  I particularly liked a project that plans to photograph 1000 different pugs during the next year...that's gotta be cute, right?   My husband was pleased to see a project that honors Ray Harryhausen, the pioneer in early science fiction movie special effects.  Another proposal that caught my eye seeks funding to put up 3,000 square feet of rooftop gardens in Chicago.  Fresh produce, anyone?  I invite you to click on the link and see what inspires you at www.kickstarter.com 

 P.S. Special thanks to my favorite sister for bringing kickstarter to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment